Please, recall that in our Circular No. 315 dated January 21, 2021, the 3rd, 4th and 5th Year Students were directed to return to their respective homes after their First Semester Examination for 2019/2020 Session. The decision was taken to create space for the 1st and 2nd Year Students to return to Campus and resume academic activities for the First Semester of the 2019/2020 Session.
The circular further required the 3rd, 4th and 5th Year Students to resume lectures which were to be delivered virtually at their homes immediately for the second semester of 2019/2020 Session.
It is to be noted that these phased resumption measures were taken in the best interest of Staff and Students and in compliance with global and national Covid-19 control and prevention directives.
The purpose of this circular is to inform Staff, Students and the Public that the Management of the University in consultation with the Committee of Deans and having observed a tremendous global and national decline in the Covid-19 pandemic, has reviewed the resumption of academic activities for the second semester of 2019/2020 session as follows:
1. Monday, 15th March 2021, Years 3, 4 and 5 Students return to Campus.
2. Physical lectures commence immediately.
3. Years 1 & 2 Students to resume lectures immediately after the First Semester Examinations.
4. Virtual learning shall be done side by side with the physical learning for all Classes.
5. Lectures and Classrooms shall be arranged to reflect the new policy direction as well as the required precautionary measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 Virus.
It is important to note that the adjustments above do not change the Academic Calendar earlier published.
All should please note and comply with these directives.