The Government of Cross River State has announced far reaching measures to effectively control the spread of the Corona Virus Pandemic. This is in line with similar measures taken by the Federal Government of Nigeria as well as various other State Government in the Country. These measures include the closure of Schools and Institutions.
Consequently, the Management of Cross River University of Technology in compliance with the directives of the State Government has taken the following decisions:
- Academic activities in the University for the First Semester of 2019/2020 Academic Session are suspended with effect from Tuesday 24th March, 2020.
- Students are to proceed on indefinite break immediately. Students who reside in the Campus should vacate the Halls on or before the close of work on Wednesday 25th March, 2020.
- Staff except those on essential duties viz; staff working with the Vice Chancellor, Registrar, University Librarian, the Bursar, Audit Department as well as staff in the Security Department and the Medical Centre shall proceed on a break with effect from Tuesday 24th March, 2020 and shall resume duties on the date to be determined by Management.
- Management shall inform staff and students and the University Community of the date of resumption whenever that is deemed appropriate.
- Management sincerely advises Staff and Students to be conscious of the need to follow all modalities put in place to prevent and manage the spread of the Covid-19 global pandemic in Nigeria and wishes them Good Health and God’s protection.
- All should please note and comply with these directives.
Victor E. Ene
Deputy Registrar (Central Registry)